If you are suffering with irregular periods, it clearly indicates that your menstrual cycle has lost its balance.
Actually, most irregular periods are benign and don’t cause any complications for your health.
Too frequent periods, missed periods, spotting or bouts of heavy bleeding and clotting usually occur because of underlying hormonal imbalance in your body and this hormonal imbalance can be treated easily.
In early stages of menstrual cycle, it may take several years for the hormones to control the changes in your body and to reach a balance in your regular menstrual cycle.
You can also experience irregular menstrual periods even at the end of your menstruation cycle. So, irregular periods at these particular stages of your life are not at all a cause of concern for you.
Pregnancy is also one of the major causes of irregular periods or missed periods. Other than this, certain other reasons for irregular periods mainly include:
- Significant weight gain or weight loss is one of the reasons for irregular periods. Even though low body weight is the most common cause of irregular periods, obesity also causes various interruptions in your regular menstrual cycle.
- If you are a victim of severe emotional stress, then you can possibly experience irregular or missed periods. This is due to the reason that stress will have very serious impact on your reproductive health. So, if at all you experience severe emotional stress, you can obviously suffer with irregular periods.
- Various eating disorders such as anorexia or bulimia nervosa can also have influence on your regular menstrual cycle. So, if you have any kind of eating disorder, you can certainly experience irregular periods.
- Excessive exercising or straining your body also leads to irregular menstrual cycle. This is the reason why most of athletes encounter missed periods.
- Many new mothers do not resume their regular periods until they have completed their breast feeding. So, they can possibly have irregular menstrual cycle.
- Consuming excessive alcohol can also disturb your hormonal metabolism. As a result, you’ll certainly end up with irregular or missed periods.
- Certain uterine abnormalities such as cervical polyps, uterine fibroids and endometriosis also lead to irregular periods.
These are only few reasons for irregular periods one may experience. So, if you are really concerned about your missed periods, immediately consult any experienced gynecologist and find out the main root cause of it. And remember to always consider healthy liquid intake such as beverages, natural fruit juices, and herbal teas. These can also help to cleanse and regulate or relieve lower abdominal pains. Always see a professional if there are serious complications.
Some helpful links to know more about Irregular Periods: