Weight loss does get more difficult as the years pass, and the boomer generation may find the inches hard to budge.
However, keeping in mind these weight loss tips for baby boomer women may help:
- Control portions for effective reduction of total number of calories consumed during the day. Don’t make drastic reductions; rather have 5 to 6 smaller meals in a day.
- Cut out the junk food and processed food. These add useless calories and no nutrition to your daily intake.
- Don’t deprive yourself. The occasional treat is allowed and you needn’t feel guilty about indulging. Common sense is more important than strict rules and regulations here; you can compensate in other ways.
- Don’t waste money on elaborate diet plans and packaged meals that one of the other weight loss program tries to sell you. If they are packaged, they are likely to have all kinds of additives and/or preservatives so you have to ask yourself how they are better than fresh or frozen foods that you bring home and cook yourself.
- There is no getting around this one – you have to exercise and not just in aid of your battle with the bulge. Exercise is good for so many things and can keep away so many health problems that you have to work this into your day no matter what ways and means you use.