There are a number of important supplements for women which should be consumed on a daily basis to maintain their health. Women should eat a healthy and well balanced diet that is rich in all the individual nutrients. Most diets are often not complete and this is why having all the important nutrients and supplements is mandatory.
For instance, if you are not in love with vegetables and fruits, it might not be possible for you to get enough of Vitamin C in your diet. If you are not in favor with milk and dairy products, your diet is deficient in calcium.
Essential supplements for women
You should hence take a multivitamin everyday to ensure that you get the required minerals and vitamins. Some individual dietary supplements are imperative for your daily diet and they also benefit your health positively.
- Calcium: A lot of women do not consume enough foods which contain calcium. This leads to the development of bone diseases such as osteoporosis or weak bones. You need to take a daily quantity of 1200 mg of calcium every day.
- Vitamin D: The Vitamin D which is required as an important supplement for women is often obtained from the foods that we take in every day. However, the body makes most of it after it is exposed to the sun. Women require this essential supplement for the absorption of calcium. Often, calcium is combined with Vitamin D to create a single essential supplement. As an average adult, you will need 400 IU of these supplements for women.
- Fish oil: This ingredient is important in the prevention of any kind of cardiovascular ailments. An important component here is the Omega 3 fatty acid which is obtainable from fat based fish, although plants like flax contain them as well. According to studies, it has been suggested that between 0.5 gm and 1.8 gm of fish oil is required every day to ensure that the body is supplied effectively.
- Folic acid: Folic acid comprises a supplemental version of folate which is classed as a B vitamin. Folate is present in green leaved vegetables, legumes and citrus fruits. As one of the important supplements for women, folic acid is required for a woman who plans to conceive. Additionally, it reduces your homocysteine levels which are associated with maintaining a healthy heart. The suggested amount of folic acid is 400 mcg a day for an adult.
- Glucosamine and Chondroitin: These are crucial supplements recommended to women as a result of their health potential in alleviating pain. The specified amount is 1500 mg of glucosamine and 1200 mg of chondroitin sulfate.
- Zinc and antioxidants: When zinc is combined with antioxidants in your dietary supplement, women experiences reduced risks of developing advanced macular degeneration which is often age related.
Probiotics: Fermented foods and yogurt contain natural bacteria which are known as probiotics. These microbes are identical to those that are present in the digestive system. This component is available in the form of dietary supplements for women and can alleviate diarrhea and irritable bowel syndrome.