They say You are what you eat and we are only now understanding the veracity of those words. Here is list of Fountain of youth foods, based on the claim of Dr. Nicholas Perricone, dermatologist, that ones diet affects the way that genes work and can prolong good health –
1. Salmon and other cold water fish for their Omega 3 content to fight inflammation, improve health and keep skin looking younger.
2. Extra dark chocolate to promote good health.
3. Cinnamon can help with wrinkles and also improve memory and attention span and even prevent melanoma.
4. Watercress has antioxidants and diuretic properties – can maintain eye and skin health and prevent cancer.
5. Chia Seeds for their omega 3 content – good for heart, brain and skin.
6. Coconut oil because it contains saturated fats that reinforce cell walls and increases metabolism.
7. Blueberries are rich in antioxidants, can improve neural communication and protect the brain.
8. Tea contains catechins that can help increase metabolism, protect the skin and prevent inflammation. It can also lower fat absorption.
9. Mushrooms such as shitake can improve the immune system, strengthen liver and increase metabolism.
10. Avocado can enhance your sense of well being as well as your wellbeing as well as libido.