Women can encounter a number of problems related to the reproductive organs irrespective of age.Vaginal dryness or atropic vaginitis is one such trouble and may strike women of any age but is common in women approaching menopause or going through stressful life events or hormonal problems.
It is a condition which is characterised by inadequate moisture in the vagina and can cause painful intercourse or a general discomfort in the daily activities like wearing a pair of trousers. Medication is available but it is better to first try the natural methods and only then seek medication. Find below a list of easy and natural ways you can combat vaginal dryness.
- The easiest way to address vaginal dryness is by making lifestyle changes. A proper diet including a little fats and lot of hydration could be the only thing you might need to get rid of the problem you are facing due to vaginal dryness. If the condition is arising from stress then yoga and meditation may help to relax and ease the discomfort. Do regular exercises to relax and you may get rid of your vaginal dryness.
- Drinking plenty of water will help you stay hydrated and help combat dryness too. Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water in a day. Dehydration can affect the vaginal membranes and cause dryness causing discomfort.
- Evening Primrose oil taken as capsules has the property to remove dryness of the vagina and keep it lubricated. It also helps in sleeplessness and mood swings associated with menopause.
- Adding Soy to your diet is another way to help in the lubrication of your vagina. With regular supplement in your diet, soy has the property to build healthy vaginal tissues. This in turn helps to combat the dryness of vagina.
- Use Vitamin E as supplements. Taken as capsule or oil, vitamin E helps in lubrication of the vaginal walls. Vitamin E supplements are easily available over the counter without any prescription. However it is always better to consult your doctor before taking any medication.
- You may try taking a bath twice a week with herbs like marshmallow roots in your bath water. This will help you to keep your vagina free from dryness.
- Using douches and vaginal sprays designed to take away feminine odour may actually be creating havoc with the health in the vagina. Avoid these douches or sprays if you want to get rid of dryness of the vagina,
- You could use some vaginal creams reinforced with estrogen that can help you revive the moisture in your pelvic area. However be careful to use only special creams that are meant to be used in the vagina only. Consult your doctor so that he or she can guide you as to the best application to use.
- Try herbs like anise, fennel, tea tree oil, lavender oil as well as parsley and vitamin c that helps in retaining the moisture in your vagina.
Follow the above easy remedies to get rid of vaginal dryness and the discomfort associated with it.