Tried multiple medications to help with your PCOS symptoms?
Though they can be helpful, the range of side-effects can be tiresome.
This is why many women use alternative medicines to deal with the symptoms.
Acupuncture is the most effective treatment in treating women with polycystic ovary syndrome.
How acupuncture works in PCOS patients?
1. Regulating menstrual periods in PCOS women:
The biggest benefit of acupuncture in PCOS patients is helping to regulate and manage menstrual periods.
To treat women with PCOS, acupuncture needles are placed along the meridians related to the reproductive system.
This procedure stimulates the organs, improves the blood flow, normalizes the hormonal levels, and promotes better functioning of the reproductive system.
2. Improving ovulation in PCOS women:
During this process electro-acupuncture is used, in which electric current is applied on the acupuncture needles to stimulate the points.
However, this treatment is not effective for PCOS women who are obese, have highest testosterone levels, are dependent on insulin, and have high waist-hip ratio.
3. Correcting hormonal imbalance in PCOS women:
PCOS is mainly due to multiple hormonal imbalances. Ovarian abnormalities are the main reason for bodily dysfunction.
Acupuncture, along with a healthy PCOS diet, can greatly help in improving your overall health as a means to achieve better emotional balance, wellbeing, improved sleep, and enhanced energy.
Achieving good health definitely influences the body’s internal hormones, metabolisms, and chemicals, which eliminate various factors that cause PCOS.
5. Treating infertility in PCOS women:
PCOS is the main cause of infertility. Acupuncture helps to stimulate the production of hormones and normalize the menstrual cycle by correcting the underlying causes and avoiding disruptions. When acupuncture is applied on a PCOS woman, it helps:
- To restore the reproductive energy system to normalize hormone production, which has a great part in ovulation.
- To remove constriction or obstruction of blood circulation in your pelvic organs.
- To improve the blood supply to continue a regular menstruation cycle, encourage the eggs to be invigorated for getting a healthy pregnancy.
- To dissolve the waxy and thick coating that can be found on the ovary surface to regulate the functioning and improve the egg quality.
- To soothe the sensitive nervous system for relaxation, reduce stress and influence healthy ovulation.
Along with acupuncture, you need to follow a healthy diet for effective treatment of PCOS symptoms. Eat organic foods, avoid sugary foods and drinks, and avoid mental and physical exhaustion.