What are fibroids?
Fibroids are most common in tumors seen in the female reproductive system. These are also known as leiomyomas, uterine myomas, they are compact tumors that are made of smooth muscle cells and fibrous connective tissue that develop in the uterus. Doctors estimate that women of reproductive age have 20 to 50 percent have fibroids. In 99% of the fibrosis cases, the tumors are noncancerous. These cancers may range in size; it may vary from pea size to grapefruit size.
Causes fibroid Tumors
They are not cancerous growths in the uterus not associated with increased cancer risk. It can vary in size from microscopic to large enough to distort uterus. The cause is unknown, it may cause by:
Symptoms of fibroids
Some women have few symptoms and some have mild or severe symptoms. Bellow discussed is the common uterine fibroids symptoms. Though, each individual may experience symptoms differently.
Symptoms of Uterine Fibroids may include
- Heavy menstrual periods
- Frequent urination
- Abnormal bleeding between menstrual periods
- Pelvic pain
- Low back pain
- Experiencing pain during the intercourse
Symptoms such as prolonged menstrual periods, or heavy bleeding between periods, can lead to iron-deficiency anemia, this condition requires treatment.
Risk factors of uterine fibrosis
In this generation, women are at the risk of developing fibroids if they find factors which include the following.
- History fibroids in your family
- If you are above 30 years of age
- having heavy body weight (overweight or obese)
How to diagnose Uterine Fibrosis
Uterine fibroids can found during the routine pelvic examination. The abdominal examination, indicate a firm, irregular pelvic mass. The abdominal examination, diagnostic procedures for uterine fibroids may include.
- Transvaginal ultrasound (also called ultrasonography).
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
- Endometrial biopsy
- Blood test
Treatment for fibroids
In women whose fibroids are large or are causing significant symptoms, treatment may be necessary. Fibroids treatment includes the following things.
- Checking the overall health and medical history
- Extent of the disease
- Medications, procedures, or therapies
- Expectations for the course of the disease
Along with these you can also heal your body by food, below discussed are the foods which you need to consume:
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables of various colors, green white, yellow, purple, orange, red, etc. Legumes are also beneficial.
- Eliminate processed, frozen refined and canned foods and try to eat more unprocessed fresh foods that are organic and free of pesticides, antibiotics, and insecticides which can weaken your hormones because of xenoestrogens which are chemical estrogens into the body.
- Eat more deep sea cold water fish such as salmon. Look for salmon designed as wild caught and avoid farm raised salmon which are usually full of antibiotics.
- Avoid cholesterol rich foods as well as saturated fats including fast food, fried foods, whole milk products, etc.
- Only consume unrefined, cold pressed, extra virgin healthy oils such as olive oil, flax seed oil, hemp seed oil, PUFA which are healthier fats and which the body needs.
- Try to stay away from white sugars as well as various foods and drinks made with white sugar. Sugar has no nutritional value and can encourage an estrogens dominant state. If you want to have something sweet, opt for alternatives such as Stevie. Drink more water and try to eliminate regular and diet sodas, fruit juices, etc.
- Drink only filtered water and avoid drinking tap water which can be full of chemicals and other harmful microbes.
- Avoid or reduce the alcohol consumption because alcohol can lead to hormone imbalance.
- Reduce salt consumption. Sea salt is a better and healthier alternative. Sea salt contains various minerals including iodine which is one of the top natural remedies to help shrink fibroids.
- Eat more seeds such as sesame, sunflower, pumpkin, etc. Which contains zinc, which has been found to be able to support hormones balance and prevent a state of estrogens dominance. These seeds also contain many healthy fats.
Tips to reduce the growth of fibrosis
- Minimize toxic foods, high glycemia index foods.
- Maximize nutritious and hormone balancing foods.
- Maintain digestive alkaline acid balance
- Maximize consumption of raw foods
- Eliminate food allergens
- Optimize digestion
- Enhance immune system
- Cleanse body regularly
- Detoxify your body as and when needed
- Lead stress-free life.