Fallopian tube cancer is a kind of a cancer which occurs in the fallopian tube in women. Fallopian tube is a duct that links a woman’s ovaries to her uterus and is a part of the reproductive system of a women’s body. Fallopian tube cancer begins when the normal cells change or begin to grow uncontrollably and due to this growth of the cells, a mass is formed which is called a tumor.
A cancer tumor can be of two types-it can either be benign or malignant. When a fallopian tube cancer occurs in a female, there are quite a few ways to identify it. Following given are some of the major fallopian tube cancer symptoms:
Fallopian Tube Cancer Symptoms
- One of the most common symptoms of fallopian tube cancer is irregular bleeding or even heavy vaginal bleeding. This symptom may be worse in the case when the woman has reached the stage of her menopause.
- Another symptom of fallopian tube cancer is occasional abdominal or pelvic pain. Infact the women might also experience a feeling of pressure in the abdominal area and this too is a sign that the women might be experiencing fallopian tube cancer.
- Another way to identify fallopian tube cancer is vaginal discharge which may be white, clear and even tinged with blood at times.
- A pelvic mass or lump can also indicate towards fallopian tube cancer in women.
- A swollen abdomen which may result in pain in the stomach or abdominal region is another common sign or symptom of fallopian tube cancer.
Diagnosis of Fallopian Tube Cancer
Once you have identified the symptoms and feel that you might be suffering from this condition, it is important to get sure and this can be done by a proper medical diagnosis. The following are some of the diagnoses methods of fallopian tube cancer:
- The doctor will suggest blood tests which will check your general health and see whether or not your organs are working properly.
- Another way of diagnosing a fallopian tube cancer is by getting an ultrasound done. This will check whether the fallopian tubes look enlarged or abnormal or not.
- MRI scan is another way to diagnose fallopian tube cancer and it uses magnetism to get detailed pictures of the different parts of the body.
- Some other methods include laparoscopy, abdominal fluid aspiration etc.