Genital herpes is a disease which is a type of an infection that is caused by a virus called herpes simplex virus or HSV. This HSV virus is transmitted through the contact with the mucus lining of the vagina and enters a person’s body through little breaks which the present in the skin which are also called mucus membranes. It is one of the most common sexually transmitted disease and is very common in women. It causes pain, itching and sores in the genital area. There are many types of treatment of genital herpes in women and the following part of the article will throw light on the same:
- One should always pay attention to personal hygiene during the treatment of genital herpes.
- To treat this sexually transmitted disease, the woman must hold a piece of ice cube against the suspect area until the ice melts. Repeat this process several times in a day to ease the pain and sores.
- Taking a good multi vitamin tablet which contains zinc daily is also another method to treat genital herpes condition in women. This must be followed by taking a vitamin B12 capsule everyday as well.
- One of the most important steps towards reducing the chances of genital herpes break is to alkalise the body.
- One must start an antiviral treatment as soon as genital herpes is detected. In this treatment, include 3000 mg of lysine supplement and follow it up by a 1000 mg three times in a day.
- Cover the ulcers in the genital area with a layer of biogenic aloe vera gel which can be bought from any chemist shop.
- One must take at least one warm sitz bath every day. To do this, dissolve a handful of Epsom salt in the bathing water and let it soak inside the water for at least 15 minutes. This salt will definitely help in relieving herpes in women. After soaking of these salts, wash the lower body very gently using a shower gel or soap with perfume.
- During the entire treatment, one must abstains from having sex for maximum relief.
- Taking baths frequently and washing hands at every opportunity is also very important for overall hygiene of a women suffering from genital herpes.
- Apart from these methods, one must eat a healthy diet and avoid taking any kind of stress.
A doctor must be consulted as soon as you observe symptoms of genital herpes.