Bacterial vaginosis is a common problem faced by women, especially those who are above the age of 30. This problem is caused due to the imbalance in the pH levels.
Most women rush to their doctors when they are suffering from this issue and opt for modern medicine but such issues can be easily treated at home using natural solutions and naturally occurring agents. If you wish to avoid a visit to the doctor and would rather like to cure bacterial vaginosis at home, you can follow the following given ways, methods and tips.
- Since bacterial vaginosis is a problem caused due to the pH imbalance, remember that it can be treated or prevented by eliminating or changing your soap, lotion, perfume and bubble bath. It is a good idea to remove or reduce the usage of anything with a fragrance in it, especially in the vaginal region.
- Another tip to cure bacterial vaginosis at home is to opt for plain organic yogurt and apply it at the area of the problem directly. This can restore some order and cure the issue.
- Another superb idea or method which can help you treat bacterial vaginosis at home is to include products that are high on anti-fungal properties to your diet. Some examples of such foods include garlic, chamomile and Echinacea. These products can help to restore the pH balance in the body.
- It is a fact that high sugar intake can throw off the pH levels in the body and may worsen your infection. Thus while suffering from bacterial vaginosis, you must avoid sugar or high sugar foods as much as possible.
- Stress can also be one of the causes for worsening the bacterial vaginosis and it is a good idea to take up anything that can bring down the stress levels. You can listen to your favorite music or read a calming text or book to divert your attention from your problems.
- Another effective tip to cure or prevent bacterial vaginosis from getting worse is to avoid sexual contact for atleast a week. Having multiple sexual partners can also be a cause of the issue because each person has a different pH level so avoiding this for a while is a good idea.
- In order to treat bacterial vaginosis naturally or at home is to limit the intake of alcohol and smoking as much as possible.
- Using tea tree oil is also a great way to prevent or avoid suffering from bacterial vaginosis. This oil is easily available in the cosmetics sections at stores and mixing ½ teaspoon of this oil with ½ teaspoon of water and applying it on the affected region with a cotton swab or cloth can help reduce the intensity of the problem.
- Maintaining vaginal hygiene and cleaning the affected region regularly is also a good way to ensure that the infection doesn’t worsen and is kept at bay. It is advisable to wear cotton underwear that is not very tight.