C section or a caesarean is a surgical procedure which is used to deliver a baby when natural delivery is not possible or if there are any complications with pregnancy or childbirth. While a lot of people prefer C Sections over natural child births, there are many disadvantages of this procedure and one among them is that weight loss may be a problem after it.
A C-section can greatly affect the shape of the body and it may be tough to get back to your previous figure or weight. The problem may even worsen in case of those who have had multiple C-sections. The following are some of the ways you can lose weight after multiple C Sections:
- The first thing that you must do before you consider losing weight after multiple C sections is to talk to your doctor. You must wait at least for 6 weeks before you start exercising as the incision needs to heal up.
- One of the best ways to lose the pregnancy weight is to go walking. Start off with a brisk walk when the doctor suggests you to then slowly practice vigorous walking, 3 months after the surgery. Make sure you walk for about 30 minutes atleast 3 times a week as this will help you to burn more calories and lose fat and weight.
- Another way to promote weight loss after multiple C sections is to reduce the number of calories you eat. While it is important to focus on your diet and get the right nutrients for your baby and yourself, it is also important to be mindful of what you eat and what quantities you eat. After the C section, start having atleast 500 fewer calories than you did during pregnancy. Also, reduce the carb and sugar intake and avoid having a lot of fried and fast foods.
- Make sure you are breastfeeding your baby after the C section since this helps you to burn 500 calories a day and help you to lose weight. Those who do not breastfeed or cannot breastfeed may gain more weight after the C Section.
- Exercising your abs or abdominal muscles is also a great way to work towards losing weight. But make sure you do this only after the incision heals up. Some workouts that you can perform are abdominal workouts, crunches, Pilates etc. as they help to burn calories and flatten your tummy area.
- Another effective way to flush out the toxins from the body and burn calories faster is to drink a lot of water and other fluids. Water is the healthiest beverage in the world and by having a lot of it; you will also be able to curb your diet, thus resulting in weight loss.
- If you are unable to lose weight even after many efforts, then another thing that you can try is yoga. Yoga and the breathing exercises associated with it help to work on the abdominal muscles and result in healthy weight loss.