Having some concerns are common when you are pregnant as it is natural to worry about giving birth to a healthy baby and then parenting him or her as well. But for few future moms, stress and anxiety becomes so severe and dangerous that they are not able to do their normal day to day activities.
Lately the researches have shown a massive increase in number of miscarriages due to anxiety factors solely. This article will guide you on how to cope with anxiety during pregnancy and also make you aware of the symptoms.
- Chest pain
- Rapid heartbeat
- Light heartedness
- Tingling effects in hands and legs
- Shortness of breath and
- Troubled thinking
What Causes Anxiety During Pregnancy?
Hormonal changes during pregnancy leads to anxiety and stress and if you are a women who generally suffer from anxiety, then you might also suffer from the problem during pregnancy and in most of the cases, this becomes very severe and can affect both your as well as your child’s health.
Facts about Pregnancy and Anxiety
Depression is what we generally come across when we talk about pregnancy but anxiety is more common and this is an unknown fact. The number varies from place and to place and on an average it has been seen that 5 out of every 16 pregnant women suffers from anxiety, the intensity varying from person to person.
Untreated anxiety can be harmful for both the mother and the baby: Prolonged anxiety during pregnancy can be really harmful and needs to be treated. Various studies show that incapacitating anxieties can be really risky for both the unborn child and the mother. Postpartum anxiety and postpartum depression are two conditions that might affect you if you suffer from clinical anxiety. Women are also at a greater risk of suffering from post traumatic stress symptoms just after the delivery. You might also be susceptible to premature delivery and there are loads of other problems that might affect you if you are an anxious mother-to-be.
But anxiety during pregnancy is treatable and these are the following ways of treating it:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) has been proved to cure anxiety in pregnant women.
- Control stress: The best way of reducing anxiety is by controlling your stress and that is best when you do it yourself and do not take medicines. Indulge in your day to day activities and you can meditate as well for good results.
- Avoid medicines: Certain medicines can harm your baby as no matter what you take, it reaches your baby through the placenta. So, consult your doctor before taking in any antidepressants or any other pill.
- Practice Yoga: You can also practice yoga regularly to manage your anxiety as it calms your body as well as your mind.
Thus keep yourself calm and healthy during pregnancy to avoid any anxiety attack.
Author Bio: Henna Sammuel is a passionate writer who loves to spread healthcare information. She is a freelance content writer and a healthcare blogger too who is specialized in curating articles related to home remedies, natural cure, and power yoga. She is a nature enthusiast who contributes her piece of work for many reputed websites like howtocure.com and healthwatchcenter.in