Ovulation is a process where the ovaries release an egg as part of the female reproductive cycle. This means that a woman is fertile and ready for conception only during these days of the monthly cycle. This period before and after ovulation, is the fertile period of the cycle. By the learning the date of ovulation a woman can predict the days when she can consummate and conceive. Alternately this can also serve as a natural method for birth control, though not 100% fool proof.
Our ovulation calculator is a simple tool to estimate your ovulation date. Here is how you can use the tool:
- In the first step you are required to input the first day of LMP (last menstrual period) in the mm/dd/yyyy format.
- In the second you enter the average length of your menstrual cycles. A regular monthly cycle can last anywhere from 21 to 40 days.
- Finally hit the calculate button.
The results are displayed on a different field in the following format:
The display shows from and to dates that you are likely to ovulate. In addition it also gives you the
- Estimated conception date
- Estimated gestational age
- Estimated due date
The main requisite for using this tool is that regular periods. The estimates are accurate as the regularity of your periods and its input into the tool.