For middle aged women going through the phase of menopause, vaginal dryness is a common problem. Infact this particular issue is amongst the top ten problems related with menopause that women experience. It occurs between the age of 40 and 60 and can be considered as a side effect of menopause. The reason for vaginal dryness during menopause is hormonal changes that take place in the body of women.
The hormonal imbalances in a women’s body lead to low secretion of the vaginal fluids and lubricants. In addition to this low estrogen secretion in the body reduces the thickness of the wall of the vagina, making it further dry. To reduce the dryness, the following are some of the menopause dryness natural remedies which you can refer to.
- The first step to overcome vaginal dryness is to accept the fact that aging is a natural process and one must remain stress free about it.
- The second step towards treating dryness with a natural remedy is drinking a lot of water. Having a good quantity of water will ensure that you do not have lot dryness in the vaginal area and would also provide relief from frequent sweats and night flashes.
- Another way to treat this issue by following a natural method is to eat a very healthy diet. Estrogen which is responsible for secreting vaginal fluids is found to be present in cholesterol rich food items. Thus one must try and have foods rich in cholesterol and avoid low fat and high carbohydrate diet. A women going through menopause should eat natural food items like flax seeds, almonds, fruits and soy.
Some other home remedies that can be tried out for treating dryness due to menopause are given as follows:
- Take 1 ounce of almond oil, mix it with 2 drops of geranium essential oil, one capsule of vitamin E and apply this mixture both inside and outside the vagina twice in day.
- Wild yam and black cohosh are two herbs which are considered very good to reduce vaginal dryness and hence applying creams containing these ingredients is a good way to relieve the issue. This happens because both of these foods are considered high on estrogen and can help increase the vaginal fluids productivity in women.
Following all these natural remedies is better than buying over the counter products to treat vaginal dryness. Most of these remedies do not have any side effects.