Men and women are different from one another in a wide number of ways. Be it physical or emotional, males and females are fundamentally different and this difference can also be seen on the skin of both. While females have soft and delicate skin, men usually have a completely different skin-tone and composition and due to this, the way the skin must be treated is also different.
This is why we see different skin care products for both the sexes. The way females must take care of their skin is vastly different from the way a man must. Let’s look at some of the main differences between men and women skincare:
- One of the first point of difference between the skin care methods of men and women is that while men can exfoliate their skin regularly, females must limit the scrubbing or exfoliation to just once or twice a week. This is so because men have thicker skin and the use of a chemical exfoliants won’t damage or hurt their skin if done on a regular basis.
- Another difference between the skincare of men and women is that men have larger pores and hence their skin tends to produce more oil. Due to this reason, they must wash their face more often as it tends to sweat quickly. This can also lead to more acne and blackheads and hence men must pay more attention to their skin, contrary to popular belief that it is women who need more care for the skin.
- Men’s skin ages slower as compared to the skin of females because men’s skin has a higher density of collagen as compared to that in the case of women. Moreover, the issue of hyperpigmentation is observed less in the case of men as compared to women and hence females needs better method of skin care to prevent this issue.
- Another difference between the skincare of men and women is that men do not need to get bleaching or threading done but women may prefer getting these procedures done regularly to hide or remove facial hair.
- The skin of females is more responsive than the skin of men and due to this reason; their skin may have more tendency to become red. Also, the skin of females may experience more irritation as compared to the skin of men and may need extra protection and care.
- Men must use those skincare products that can cause better circulation such as tea tree oil; menthol and camphor whereas on the other hand, women must use those skincare products that can take the dirt from the skin off such as sage, cucumber and parsley.
- Women must use those moisturizing creams which have aloe Vera, elastin protein, vitamin E etc. whereas on the other hand, men must use those skincare products that have a higher molecular structure so as to protect the larger pores. Some example of products with this property include borage oil, flax seed, milk thistle and evening primrose oil etc.