A lot of people have to work in the sun and as a result get sun tanned. There are ultra violet rays, exposure to which increases the amount of melanin produced in the skin, and as a result the skin gets darker. Not only that, this sun tan can lead to a number of skin related problems, like, acne, wrinkles, fine lines etc. You can go to a parlor or spa and get it removed. Alternatively you can also use home remedies.
7 Home Remedies to Remove Tan
The best part of home remedies is that they are mostly natural, and therefore not harmful for the skin. Here are 7 home remedies that will help you lose that tan.
- Cucumber and tomato face pack- Take one tomato and slice it. Mix a grated cucumber, and milk cream. Add a few drops of lemon and turmeric. Also add some gram flours. Now make a paste and apply on the face. You can also directly apply a slice of tomato on the face, but, this pack works better than that. Cucumber whitens the skin while the tomato makes the skin glow and open the pores.
- Cucumber, rose water and lemon juice pack- Grate the cucumber and squeeze out the juice. Mix it with a little bit of rosewater and some lemon juice, and make a pack. Apply this on the affected area. Lemon and cucumber both have bleaching qualities, while rose water and cucumber helps the skin too cool down.
- Papaya and honey face pack- You need half a cup of mashed ripe papaya and a table spoon of honey. Mix them well and apply on the clean face. Wash it off with water. Papaya has enzymes in it that helps clearing the sun tan and exfoliation, while honey moisturizes the skin.
- Lemon and Aloe Vera pack- Squeeze out the gel like substance from aloe vera Leaves, mix a few drops of lemon with it and apply on the face. Aloe vera is very good for the skin and has a number of vitamins and minerals in it. It is also known for its moisturizing properties. Lemon on the hand brightens the skin.
- Potato pulp or juice pack- Peel the potato and make into a pulp, or squeeze the juice of the pulp. You can add a bit of lemon juice if you wish, and apply on the skin. The potato removes skin blemishes and generally helps in improving the health of the skin.
- Orange juice and yoghurt pack- Mix some orange juice with a tablespoon of yoghurt and apply it on the face. Orange has vitamin c which is good to remove skin blemish and improve skin tone. Yoghurt makes your skin soft.
- Saffron and milk cream face pack- You need to soak one or two strands of saffron in face milk and keep overnight, and then apply on the skin. Saffron is good for skin toning and removing of san tan.
These homemade remedies are good to remove the sun tan that you may have.