Thyroid problems are affect any person, but are more common among women. The most common condition related to thyroid is hypothyroidism which occurs in the case when thyroid becomes underactive. Many other health issues are caused due to thyroid problems because the lack of thyroxin results in slow metabolism.
To ensure good health of thyroid gland, you must ensure that the thyroxin level is normal in the body. There are many ways to treat thyroid problems in women and the following are some of the natural remedies:
Natural Remedies for Thyroid Problems in Women
- Drinking herbal teas can help in curing thyroid problems in females and also having certain herbs like black walnuts helps to stimulate the thyroid because black walnuts contain iodine in generous amounts. Some other herbs that can help are kelp and Irish moss. What these herbs do is that they boost the metabolism and improve the overall productivity of the thyroid gland.
- Exercising and meditation is another way in which thyroid problems such as hypothyroidism can be cured naturally. You must make sure that you perform aerobic and cardiovascular exercises like skipping and jogging etc. everyday and that too outside where you can intake good amounts of sunlight. Meditation heals and soothes the thyroid gland, reducing symptoms of various thyroid problems.
- If you are suffering from hypothyroidism, then you must avoid eating foods like refined foods, sugar, white flour, saturated foods, caffeine etc. as these diminish the thyroid’s production of thyroxin.
- Protein intake must be increased as it it transports the thyroid hormones to the tissues of the body and therefore helps in normalizing the hormone function. So include foods like legumes, nuts and foods like meats, eggs etc.
- Make it a point to improve nutrients and minerals such as Iron, zinc, vitamin A, selenium Copper, vitamin D, omega-3 fatty acids and iodine etc. in your diet. Consuming these nutrients makes for another natural remedy for treating thyroid issues.
- Include healthful fats such as ghee, fish, olive oil, nuts, flax seeds, yogurt, nut butter, cottage cheese and even coconut milk products as these too can help in relieving symptoms of thyroid problems.
- One of the natural treatments or remedies for making sure that your thyroid problems are reduced is to make sure that you eliminate gluten from your diet completely. The molecular composition of thyroid tissue and of gluten is very similar and consuming gluten can lead to autoimmune attack on the thyroid gland.