Anorexia nervosa is a health complication caused due to eating disorder, excessive restriction of food and the fear of gaining weight. This type of health problem results in excessive loss of body weight and makes the individual look frail and weak. Anorexia nervosa is more prevalent in women than men. The signs and symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa are mentioned below:
Signs and Symptoms
There are various signs and symptoms that help an individual to identify that he/she is suffering from anorexia nervosa:
- Excess weight loss: If a person faces extreme weight loss, it is a sign that he/he/she is suffering anorexia nervosa
- Frail appearance: If a person appears to be thin abnormally, it is a sign that he/he/she is suffering anorexia nervosa
- Fatigue: If an individual feels fatigued at all the times, it is a symptom that he/she has anorexia nervosa.
- Insomnia: suffering from insomnia is also a sign of anorexia nervosa.
- Soft hair growth on body: If an individual has soft and fine hair growing on face as well as body, it is a sign that the person may be suffering from anorexia nervosa.
- Lack of menstruation: In case there is absence of menstruation, it is a sign that the person maybe suffering from anorexia nervosa.
- Feeling dizzy or fainting frequently: If a person usually feels dizzy or faints frequently, it is a sign that he/she may be suffering from anorexia nervosa.
- Discoloration of the fingers: If the fingers become discolored or turn bluish, the person may have anorexia nervosa.
- Frequent hair fall: If a person is facing frequent hair breakage or loss from scalp, he/she is a victim of anorexia nervosa.
- Constipation: Suffering from constipation is another symptom of anorexia nervosa.
- Dry skin: The skin becoming dry is also a sign of anorexia nervosa.
- Low blood pressure: If the blood pressure frequently becomes low, it is a symptom that the person may be suffering from anorexia nervosa.
- Irregular rhythm of heart beat: If the rhythm of the heart beat is irregular, it is sign that the person has anorexia nervosa.
- Dehydration: Dehydration is a symptom of anorexia nervosa.
- Arms or legs becoming swollen: Anorexia nervosa may cause the arms or legs of the individual become swollen.
- Blood count becoming abnormal: If the blood count becomes abnormal, it is a sign of anorexia nervosa.