We want that we should belie our years; that our faces remain young and unlined, that our bodies remain youthful – we want to look good and feel good. And yet are we doing enough to achieve this goal of youthfulness? Here are the 13 best anti aging foods to help you remain as youthful and attractive as you possibly can be.
1. Avocados are recommended as one of the best anti aging foods by experts across the board because of the healthy fats they contain as well as their Vitamin E content which we know is important for healthy hair and skin.
2. Garlic is known to have anti-inflammatory and cholesterol lowering properties; and is also known to be great for skin.
3. Fatty fish is another one of the recommended anti aging foods, because of the omega 3 fatty acids that it is known to contain.
Not only is fish oil good for the brain, it is also great for your hair and skin; to keep lines at bay and keep you glowing with youthfulness.
4. Nuts are also great for you because of their healthy fat content. Though high in calories, eating nuts such as walnuts and almonds in moderation is recommended for overall good health to nourish the skin as well.
5. Cruciferous vegetables such as cauliflowers, broccoli, kale, collard greens, radish, and a number of others, are great as anti aging foods. They are excellent sources of vitamins and other nutrients that have the ability to fight free radicals and hence aging.
6. Green tea is known to have all kinds of health benefits from helping you stay in shape to its antioxidant properties. It is these very antioxidant properties that help you stay youthful.
7. Tomatoes are excellent for maintaining youthful and supple skin. It is the chemical called lycopene in tomatoes that is seen to protect skin against premature aging.
8. Root vegetables are another excellent source of nutrients such as beta carotenes. So eating carrots may actually be good for keeping lines at bay.
9. Berries are also great to slow down aging, most experts seem to agree. Blueberries, gooseberries and so on are rich in vitamins and other nutrients that help to fight the free radicals that wreak havoc on our skin and cause it to age before its time.
10. Yoghurt is known to have friendly bacteria that are good for the body in many different ways. They help fight infection, and yoghurt is a source of quality protein for the body.
11. Leafy green vegetables such as spinach, fenugreek, Swiss chard, pot herbs, lettuce, salad greens and so on are excellent not only for health but are known to be excellent anti aging foods as well.
12. Red wine is again known for its high antioxidant content and can probably contribute to youthful glowing skin when had in moderation.
13. Chocolate may not be the first thing that springs to mind when you think of anti aging foods, but when it is dark chocolate (low in fat and sugar, high in cocoa content) then yes it is good for you.