Uterine fibroids are benign tumours found within the uterus. Nearly about 25% of females over the age of 35 are affected by uterine fibroids but the exact cause of this problem is not clearly known. Some women can have symptoms while suffering from these types of tumors while some may never face any symptoms at all.
Some of the common signs of uterine fibroid tumors are pain in the abdomen, bleeding and pressure. There are many ways to treat this condition but generally, natural treatment is considered the best as it does not have many side effects or after affects. Let’s look at some of the most effective natural or herbal remedies for uterine fibroid tumors:
Various Natural and Herbal Remedies for Uterine Fibroid Tumors
- Pelvic Decongestants for uterine fibroids – these herbs move stagnation in the pelvis area by acting on the lymphatic system, toning the uterus or improving liver function.
- Hepatic herbs for uterine fibroids – poor liver function is seen as the root cause for uterine fibroid. These herbs specifically address liver function. Poor functioning of the liver can cause toxin build up in the body and imbalance hormones due to poor hormone clearance.
- Nourishing herbs for uterine fibroid- herbs high in calcium, iron and magnesium can address anaemia and help in preventing excessive blood loss.
- Antispasmodic herbs for uterine fibroids- these herbs can be used to decrease pain associated with fibres by relaxing muscle fibres.
- Styptic herbs for uterine fibroids – these herbs can help in stopping excessive menstrual bleeding.
- Adaptogen herbs for uterine fibroids- these herbs address the HPO access and are capable of supporting overall health of the endocrine system. (Women with uterine fibroids often have estrogen dominance).
- Insulin resistance – insulin resistance can also be a contributing factor for uterine fibroids. A natural herb to reduce this can also help.
- Low Vitamin- D3 levels- low vitamin D3 levels have been associated with fibroids. Getting tested and then using supplements and getting appropriate sunshine and taking the required diet can also help.
Uterine Fibroid Treatment by Western Medicine
Apart from natural remedies for uterine fibroid, the western medicine also has several ways and methods of treatments. People can also opt for such treatments in case of unsatisfied results from natural remedies. Taking iron supplements in case of anaemia, surgeries done to preserve fertility and hysterectomies are some of the major treatment methods. NSAIDs can also be given in case of pain.