Rheumatoid arthritis is a kind of a chronic inflammatory disorder which attacks the lining of the joints and majorly the small joints located in the hands as well in the feet. This attack leads to swelling in the joints which results in deformity of the joints and bone erosion as well. Rheumatoid arthritis is one of the many autoimmune disorders whose cause is unknown but can be treated over a period of time. This disease can be treated by making dietary and lifestyle changes. The following are some natural treatment for rheumatoid arthritis diet details which can be referred to for help.
Natural Treatment and Diet Changes
- Consuming medication to combat this disease can lead to side effects in the long run and hence natural methods such as making dietary changes etc prove to be more useful.
- Ginger is an herb which is recommended is a person is suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. This is a natural cure method and has many other health benefits as well. Research has proved that ginger has certain qualities which can reduce and minimise those hormones in the body which cause inflammation. Ginger can be taken in the form of ginger tea, ginger compress etc.
- Using heating pads on the area where there is joint stiffness can be very effective to reduce the pain and discomfort. This happens because heat improves the blood flow and tends to relax the muscles. For this you can either take a warm shower on a regular basis or wrap a warm towel around the affected area.
- Acupuncture is a practice which originated in China and has been proven effective for many combating many diseases etc. this treatment is also considered very beneficial for those suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. It is still unclear how acupuncture helps in reducing the pain but it is said that there are some puncture points in the body which are made of compact nerve endings and the stimulation of these can set an action which causes natural pain reduction.
- Vegetarian diet is considered best for those suffering from arthritis and plant oils such as black current, evening primrose oil and borage etc contain fatty acids which can help in treating the pain caused due to arthritis.
- Glucosamine supplements are also recommended to be taken on a daily basis. They have anti inflammatory properties and work as great pain relievers for those suffering from rheumatoid arthritis.